We are looking for someone who is an expert in UI design, UX design, and front-end development to join our growing company. You will be a natural at understanding human-computer interaction design (HCID), in coming up with elegant solutions for our client projects.
We strive to learn and understand our clients’ needs, their users’ needs, and the organizations’ requirements as a whole. User experience is at the forefront of everything we create and you’ll bridge the gap between back-end developers and project managers while driving the user experience through requirements translation and front end implementation. As a UX Engineer, you’ll collaborate closely with all team members to solve complex challenges and create the best possible solutions for the problems at hand.This is an important role in our company and we’re looking for motivated and passionate people who enjoy working in a team-oriented, ego free environment. The most successful candidates are detail oriented self-starters, problem solvers and collaborators. We’re looking for someone who’s been designing user experiences in the business and tech world and thrives in a laid back, open office atmosphere. This means you’ve got at least 5 years of experience and demonstrated skills in the following:
- First-hand knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX design practices and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Finger on the pulse of the latest web standards including HTML5 and CSS
- Ability to create complex UI using HTML5, CSS , CSS preprocessors along with frameworks such as Material and Bootstrap.
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, Lucid Charts, and Omnigraffle.
- Familiarity with Qualitative and Quantitative data gathering to help inform design decisions.
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure.
What you'll be doing
- Design and develop rapid prototypes of HTML5/CSS3/ front-end code across a broad array of interactive web projects.
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about UX best practices and help teams identify optimal customer centered solutions.
- Manage time across multiple projects while prioritizing design tasks in a manner that optimizes time to completion and client satisfaction.
- Come up with UI and UX strategies based on our target goals.
- Design the product in a way that ensures the User Experience is efficient and pleasurable.
- Create, deliver and maintain user story mapping, wireframes, interactive mockups and high-definition visual designs in an Agile product development process.
- Create, iterate and maintain style code for multiple client projects via tools such as Storybook, Git, etc...
- Set-up and implement project accessibility standards and maintain that they are adhered to during development of new components.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices throughout the organization, “Design First!”
- Work closely with project managers and back-end engineers to translate design concepts and basic wireframes into full-fidelity versatile front-end user experiences.
- Quickly iterate and present multiple options to stakeholders.
- Participate in internal reviews to provide thoughtful and constructive feedback.
- Show up with a stellar work ethic and live a stellar home life each day.
- Lead by example.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference.
An above and beyond candidate would also have
- Experience with gamification and engagement methods
- Great verbal and written communication skills- this role is often client facing
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Enthusiastic when embracing new challenges
- Ability to listen patiently and learn from others
- A willingness to teach and help others
- A good sense of humor
- Experience with Angular, Node JS and Typescript
- Strong experience with data visualizations using D3 or equivalent
- Interactive animation experience
- Experience designing technical business graphs